|Praxis Housing Initiatives, Inc. , 130 West 29th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001|
A Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) provides on-site chemical dependency evaluations split between 2 permanent supportive housing programs located in the Bronx. Substance Abuse Counselor will provide individual and group support and education. S/he will primarily coordinate referrals to detoxification, rehabilitation and other drug treatment modalities.
Notice: Job Descriptions may change at any time. Described jobs may be altered, restructured or deleted at the discretion of management. All employment at Praxis, unless otherwise noted, is “at will.”
|Title:||CASAC (2 Programs)|
- Conduct Addiction Assessments on all tenants.
- Conduct Intakes as needed.
- Provide short term inpatient or outpatient detoxification referrals.
- Provide on-site individual and group counseling recovery ready counseling sessions.
- Provide motivational counseling sessions, referrals to Harm Reduction programs and other holistic treatment modalities.
- Conduct High Risk Behavior assessments and informational groups.
- Participate in service plan developments and case conferences.
- Monitor aftercare recommendations.
- Provide crisis interventions as needed.
- Maintain progress notes in case management software.
- Provide listing and encourage 12 Step fellowship attendances in the area.
- Flexible to work weekends.
|Certified Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor|
|CASAC-T, CASAC, BSW a plus|
- Relevant experience of 3 years or more working with special needs populations (DHS & HASA)..
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Commitment to working with adult homeless population.
- Computer literacy; Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
|Salary:||$49,000 per year|
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation time
- Sick Time
- 403B retirement plan
- Transit check program