Upper West Side Manhattan- West Harlem- Midtown- Crown Heights
Praxis is one of HIV/AIDS Services Administrations largest providers of Transitional Housing, with 376 units and counting. Operating four Transitional Congregate Housing Programs, clients are referred by HIV/AIDS Service Administration (HASA) Emergency Placement Unit.
- Clients stay for up to 180 days in one of our four sites located in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Each site offers a comprehensive list of onsite services; case management, individual and group counseling, housing placement services, vocational services and job placement.
- All sites have established linkages with community based organizations that offer our clients, primary medical care, mental health and substance abuse counseling.
- The program’s goal is to prepare individuals for permanent housing placement through stabilization and self-sufficiency.
- The program is for single men and women only. Each individual has their own private room but shares common living areas.
- Eligibility: HIV+, HASA emergency housing placements only, single men and women.
- Annually Praxis places approximately 400 clients from our Transitional Housing program into permanent housing.