|Praxis Housing Initiatives, Inc. , 130 West 29th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001|
Notice: Job Descriptions may change at any time. Described jobs may be altered, restructured or deleted at the discretion of management. All employment at Praxis, unless otherwise noted, is “at will.”
|Title:||Licensed Behavioral Health Specialist (LCSW)|
|Supervisor:||Director of Operations|
- Requires a minimum of 5 years with experience with chronically homeless persons living with HIV+ and histories of chemical dependencies and mental illness
- Working experience with homeless persons, both individual and family units with special needs, HIV, Addiction, MICA and Domestic Violence
- Requirements, conduct pre-intake mental health evaluations and recommendations.
- Schedule follow up sessions with clients as needed.
- Document all clinical findings.
- Co-facilitate case conferences
- Crisis intervention.
- Monitor, follow up mental health treatment adherence.
- Sign off on all clinical service plan developments.
- Provide clinical supervision to case management team.
- Perform other duties as required by program requirements.
|A valid NYS License to provide behavioral health services LCSW|
CASAC a plus
|Prior experience conducting psycho-social assessments including the development of person-center service plans. Familiarity with Harm Reduction Practice. |
- Prior experience working with chronic homeless persons with HIV/AIDS many of which have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Strong behavioral interviewing techniques
- Knowledge of NYS Mental Health screening tool MHSF III , preferred
- Excellent communication, listener, therapeutic skills
- Knowledge of electronic case manager systems (Foothold Awards a plus
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.