|Praxis Housing Initiatives, Inc. , 130 West 29th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001|
Praxis Housing Initiatives was founded in 1995, it’s a safe haven for many New York City most challenged and challenging homeless people.
Praxis provides housing and supportive services though New York City. Praxis is looking for a Human Resources Generalist that will work hand in hand with the H.R. Manager. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the hiring managers working with different job boards to find skills candidates to support and help the homeless population.
Notice: Job Descriptions may change at any time. Described jobs may be altered, restructured or deleted at the discretion of management. All employment at Praxis, unless otherwise noted, is “at will.”
|Title:||Human Resources Generalist|
- Employment and Recruiting, work with hiring managers and identify candidates that are skilled and can provide services to our clients.
- Serve as a liaison between employees and management in reviewing grievances, resolve disputes. Help with the investigations and make sure that the proper disciplinary process is followed.
- Organize and conduct new employee orientation. Prepare packets making sure that all proper forms such as I-9, W-4 etc. are up to date.
- Maintaining personnel files for the employees, make sure the appropriate documents are signed and placed in the employee files.
- Keep track of benefits time, vacation, sick and paid holidays.
- Assists and conducts development and employee training, either in person or on line.
- Keep track of the performance reviews.
- Assist in development and implementation of the human resources policies.
- Any assignments asked by supervisor.
- Detail oriented and self-starter
- Great communications skills, good listening skills, speaking and writing skills.
- Confidentiality, handles confidential and sensitive information.
- Has experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of the payroll system, preferably ADP.
- Familiar with timekeeping systems, Excel and Microsoft.
- BA prefer in human resources, business and or communication or has been working in the human Resources field for over five years.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation time
- Sick Time
- 403B retirement plan
- Transit check program