|Praxis Housing Initiatives, Inc. , 130 West 29th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001|
The DSS will coordinate the program scope of services required by DHS. Provide direct supervision and weekly team meeting with the Program Director, case management team and operations personnel. Complete and forward required census and housing placements to DHS.
Notice: Job Descriptions may change at any time. Described jobs may be altered, restructured or deleted at the discretion of management. All employment at Praxis, unless otherwise noted, is “at will.”
|Title:||Director of Social Services|
- Manage and monitor all aspects of program on DHS contractual requirements
- Execute the implementation of required delivery of services to homeless families without children residing in the shelter.
- Coordinates the work of the Social Service team to ensure effective service delivery to clients. Schedules Multi-disciplinary teams at the site to optimize staff availability to clients and staff access to on site services.
- Over sees the day to day operations to ensure new intakes and move outs are coordinate with efficiency.
- Hires, orients, supervises, and disciplines the onsite case management, security and operations personnel.
- Conducts quality assurance spot checks (e.g., sitting in on a Caseworker’s group) on a regular basis. Reviews individual case files and social service plans on a monthly basis for quality assurance and efficacy.
- Reports monthly to Senior Praxis Management on agency adherence to Quality Assurance Utilization Review Plan and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Oversees the disposition of all client complaints, ensuring timely and fair resolution.
- Conducts Resident meetings to keep residents abreast of developments.
- Administers Praxis & DHS Code of conduct policies.
- Ensures readiness for audits by governmental agencies.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings with all multi-disciplinary teams, consisting of Social service, security and operations.
- Is on call 24 hours a day/seven days a week in case of emergencies.
- Enforces Program Operations building protocol, ensure that incident reports are filled properly and on time with DHS and internal departments.
- Submits monthly reports as scheduled to all required parties.
- Attends Community Board meetings to cultivate trusting relationships with community members.
- Attends all required trainings and meetings.
- Performs any other duties, as required by supervisor.
|MSW-LMSW or equivalent experience required. LCSW a plus|
- Relevant experience of five years or more with disenfranchised population, supervisory experience preferred.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Commitment to working with homeless adult families
- Computer literacy; Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
|Salary:||$70,000 per year|
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation time
- Sick Time
- 403B retirement plan
- Transit check program