Job Descriptions may change at any time. Described jobs may be altered, restructured or deleted at the discretion of management. All unemployment, unless otherwise noted, at Praxis is “at will.”
Job Title: Case Worker
Category: Non – Exempt
Reports to: Site Director
Job Summary: Assist program participants in achieving individual long and short-term goals and objectives. Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as directed
- Carry an assigned caseload of 20 clients.
- Conduct client intakes and assessments.
- Provide individual counseling to clients within a harm reduction modality.
- Implement individual service plans to assist residents in attaining goals.
- Assist in managing crisis within the residence to minimize risk of potential harm to residents, staff, and damage to property. Notify appropriate supervisor to intervene if necessary. Document events on designated forms.
- Maintain accurate case records, regular progress notes and individual service plan summaries for each client, adhering to company guidelines regarding client confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Case Management data systems. (i.e., Awards etc).
- Facilitate client support groups focused on activities of daily living, as assigned.
- Assist Case Manager with group counseling sessions focused on the challenges of living with chronic substance abuse and HIV/AIDS.
- Assist Case Manager in providing group education regarding prevention of transmission of HIV and other diseases.
- Work with Task Force for Ending Chronic Homelessness to ensure chronically homeless residents are receiving additional supportive services.
- Supervise client activity in the field (g. recreation) to ensure their safety, as required.
- Knock on resident’s doors to ensure daily contact.
- Escort clients to linkage appointments on an as-needed basis.
- Follow up with clients post-residence to provide support during transitional phase.
- Participate in case-conference team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Assist with residence housekeeping tasks, as assigned.
- Attend all required trainings.
- Perform other duties, as required by supervisor
- Requires one late night.
- May require weekend work.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required. CASAC a plus. Spanish/English bilingual preferred.
Experience: Experience working with disenfranchised population preferred.
Skills: Commitment to working with population living with HIV/AIDS, mental health and other medical issues, long-term unemployment and incarceration and current substance abuse. Computer literacy; Microsoft Office Suite preferred